Success in life
Success.
What is considered successful in life?
I was brought up with the concept/ misconception that
To be successful is...
Having a stable career,
Climbing up the workforce ladder, and attaining wealth.
Only then can one be able to live comfortably,
And start a family without burdening them.
Well...
I do not want to judge if whatever environment I was brought up in was right or wrong,
Cause there is never a one size fits all solution.
My parents might think this way
Due to the way they were brought up too.
Since my grannies were not as well to do in the past as well,
Thus, money is viewed as a very important factor to them.
Then, when my parents started a family,
They were also trying hard just to make ends meet.
And times were tough.
Especially when Mom gave birth to sis and me.
Babies are cute, but I kind of know the struggles they had to go through
Physically, mentally and financially,
Trying to look after 2 babies instead of 1 at that time.
So, I was brought up in an environment that,
Having the ability to climb up the workforce ladder,
And earning (lots of) money is the basic for survival.
Now that it's my turn,
I do not deny that having enough money is important,
But, I guess... on top of that,
Having a healthy and happy family,
Whom you know will always be by your side no matter what happens,
To share your happiness, your joy, your sorrows and your worries,
Is equally important as well.
And in fact,
That should be equally important,
If not, more important than focusing to climb up the workforce ladder.
What is considered successful in life?
I was brought up with the concept/ misconception that
To be successful is...
Having a stable career,
Climbing up the workforce ladder, and attaining wealth.
Only then can one be able to live comfortably,
And start a family without burdening them.
Well...
I do not want to judge if whatever environment I was brought up in was right or wrong,
Cause there is never a one size fits all solution.
My parents might think this way
Due to the way they were brought up too.
Since my grannies were not as well to do in the past as well,
Thus, money is viewed as a very important factor to them.
Then, when my parents started a family,
They were also trying hard just to make ends meet.
And times were tough.
Especially when Mom gave birth to sis and me.
Babies are cute, but I kind of know the struggles they had to go through
Physically, mentally and financially,
Trying to look after 2 babies instead of 1 at that time.
So, I was brought up in an environment that,
Having the ability to climb up the workforce ladder,
And earning (lots of) money is the basic for survival.
Now that it's my turn,
I do not deny that having enough money is important,
But, I guess... on top of that,
Having a healthy and happy family,
Whom you know will always be by your side no matter what happens,
To share your happiness, your joy, your sorrows and your worries,
Is equally important as well.
And in fact,
That should be equally important,
If not, more important than focusing to climb up the workforce ladder.